Certified DISC Practitioner
DISC online assessment is an invaluable behavior profiling system that teaches you how to identify— and use to your advantage— the predictable aspects of communication. Based on the research of Dr. William Moulton Marston, DISC is the most widely used behavior profiling assessment of its kind, supported by decades of research and validation. Whether you’re part of a large Colorado Company or small organization, our DISC reports offer the greatest accuracy for a range of dynamic business applications.
WHAT IS DISC?
DISC focuses primarily on four dominant behavioral types:
Dominance – These are forceful, take-charge people: direct, decisive, determined and often domineering. They’re born leaders who are neither shy nor subtle.
Influence – The friendly, enthusiastic High “I” styles want to be in the middle of the action, whatever and wherever it is. They most value admiration, acknowledgement and applause.
Steadiness – Steady styles are the most people-oriented of the four styles. Having close, friendly relationships is one of their highest priorities.
Conscientiousness – “C” styles are analytical, persistent, independent and well organized. They prefer to work quietly alone, emphasizing accuracy and “correctness.”
WHY USE DISC?
- Advantages of the DISC Assessment:
- People remember DISC long after they hear about it.
- DISC is easy to apply.
- DISC can easily be visualized and explained in a circular or quadrant diagram.
- DISC is not just for self-understanding; it provides a framework to understand others and adjust how you relate to them.
- DISC can be as practical as helping a guarded person learn to be a little more aware and open when the situation calls for it.
- DISC has a user-friendly interface. The DISC Assessment has typically 24-30 questions. The simple acronym “DISC” is easy to remember so it makes a lasting impression on users. It’s typical for individuals taking the DISC assessment to remember their results years after taking the initial assessment.
- The DISC assessment is specific to whatever environment you have in mind when taking the assessment. It’s easier for individuals taking the DISC assessment to share their results, confident that though the assessment results might reveal their work personality, their private self can remain protected.
REASONS YOU WILL USE DISC
Hiring & Selection
DISC is a cornerstone assessment utilized in each of our hiring & selection tools. Fact: the average employee costs his/her company 3x their annual salary once training, benefits and other ancillary expenses are calculated. The right person in the right job is priceless; the wrong person is a nightmare waiting to happen.
Use DISC to bring clarity and newfound understanding among otherwise contrasting behavioral styles. Optimize your “communication environment” for a more productive and profitable outcome.
Know who fits with whom in advance. Create teams based on compatible skills and traits, not merely by “rounding up the usual suspects.” When you need a top performing team, you must find out who will mesh and who will clash.
The DISC Leadership report trains managers to: (a) know their natural behavioral tendencies, (b) identify their employees’ observable behaviors, and (c) adapt their leadership style to optimize the employees’ work style.
Customer Service Training
Use DISC Assessment to train anyone how to exceed customer expectations for courteous treatment and professional service. Your staff will be equipped to deal with any behavioral style.
Use DISC Assessment to identify strengths and struggles before they manifest in the workplace, then establish measurable benchmarks for improvement.
The DISC Sales report teaches users to: (a) know their natural behavioral tendencies, (b) identify their customer’s observable behaviors, and (c) adapt their selling style to fit the customer’s buying style.